GARBAGE TRUCK MONITORING
Telematics system for waste truck fleet
Tracking places and time of garbage loading/ unloading
Monitoring truck body filling-up and measuring axle load
Accurate fuel monitoring and theft prevention
Remote diagnostics of engine and equipment
Detection of unloading in disallowed locations
Some of the main difficulties in waste management are illegal dumping of solid household waste (SHW) in forbidden places (away from landfill) and inefficient collection and transportation of garbage.
That’s why first and foremost, garbage truck monitoring system is focused on truck location tracking and monitoring of operation of its attached equipment (blade, plate, etc).
Garbage truck monitoring system allows to monitor garbage level in truck’s body, track places of SHW (waste) loading and unloading using axle load data and GPS coordinates, also helps to detect and prevent any attempts of unauthorized unloading of garbage – 24/7 online over the Internet.
Additionally, waste truck telematics system records main parameters of truck operation – route, speed, RPM, fuel consumption, engine health. The data is used for detecting inefficient or even malicious truck operation, e.g. underload, idling, speeding, harsh braking, fuel theft etc.
Garbage truck operation parameters monitored
- Garbage truck’s GPS position, route, mileage, speed
- Filling-level of garbage truck’s body
- Truck axle load, alarms on exceeding load per axle
- Places and time of garbage loading and unloading
- Detection and alarming on unloading away from landfill or geozone
- Instant and total fuel consumption in “Idling”, “Optimal”, “Overload” mode of an engine operation
- Fuel volume in tank, detection of fuel tank fill-up and fuel theft from tank
- Total operating time and split by “Idling”, “Optimal”, “Overload” modes of an engine operation
- Engine health, DTC, malfunctions in truck’s ECUs and components
Garbage truck monitoring system
Waste truck telematics solution by Technoton allows to unite all the standard vehicle sensors and additional telematics equipment into a single monitoring system. Among additional equipment – direct fuel consumption measurement devices, sensors for fuel tank, CAN bus data readers, which allow to increase fuel economy, respond promptly to changes in engine health and plan maintenance taking in account real condition of a truck.